One of Many

Sunday, August 28, 2005

A child born, and lost.

He was born on Friday, 26 August at 0900, and died nearly two minutes later. They named him Gabriel Taeyang, the middle name being Korean for "most bright". There is quite a lot to bear right now, a raw and seething pain at the loss. It is nothing like the losses through miscarriage. The loss of this child, who moved and struggled to breathe before his death, is something I cannot form into words.

Inside, we agreed that she must learn to take this, herself. This is her loss moreso than ours, and she will not be able to function in later years without confronting it with her husband, and without us. It is a decision I do not particularly like, and it will take quite a lot for me to uphold my end. However I see the reasoning behind it, and will do as is needed.

Therefore, for the next year, we shall take a leave of this. The first day of school is tomorrow, and I hate leaving her to it on her own, I despise it more than I can say, more than anyone likely knows. I will continue to support her on the other issues she may face, and my support and protection will not waver in regards to the small ones. But as for Bruyère, she and Tannah must deal with the loss of their son. It is not my place. It is not Nambiet's place. As much as I wish it were, this is one thing from which I cannot sheild her.

Until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home