One of Many

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Returning to life.

We returned to work a few days ago, still heavily medicated. It was almost like living in a fog. I called our psychiatrist and told them it was imperative that we be re-evaluated, so that we can function. I believe it is the Trileptal that causes the fog, though I am not positive.

We lost our journeyman, Doug, in our absence, as he was transfered to a different crew. I liked him, actually; well-spoken, fun, and a man with a true insight into himself. We are now working with Eric, who is young but very experienced. He saw the arms today, and the obvious scars of the attempt, and told us that life is far too important. He said it in a manner that let us know he was not being judgemental. I think I enjoy working with him, as well. And Wayne, our foreman, is being transferred to Caesar's Palace, so we will have a new foreman soon, as well. Much change, of late.

I must admit that the transition from inpatient to outpatient is a difficult one. There is a feeling of vulnerablility, and a sense that the world is unsafe. This is felt especially by the small ones, who actually enjoyed our hospital stay very much. There was art class, gym class, puzzles and coloring books, and we also had "Hipo", the small ones' plush hippo. In fact, I daresay Molly was sad to go. She likes Dr. Bauer, who spent time speaking with her individually, and the experience in general. I do not think she quite understood why we were there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home