One of Many

Monday, October 18, 2004

To give a statement.

Detective Demas. Where to begin? He called Wednesday past and we are to report to him today to give an incident report regarding the uncle. Of course, all turned to me and expected me to conduct it; how can I? He asks for the Host by name, and until I am given a subpoena I shall not interfere. Legally, I doubt that can even happen, and so the Host must comply on her own. We will of course stand close so as to not leave her, but it would be unethical to step in without proper authorization.

He did mention something specifically, however, that struck me as odd. The sister, who had called him to make the initial report, had told him about us and memory repression. Really, she told him entirely too much in that I am uncomfortable with an acting officer of the law knowing these things. I suppose it could be called memory repression to an extent, but some of us have always recalled some incidents and forgotten others. Memory work is a group activity. While one forgets another remembers, and be it by chance meeting, the memory will surface in time. Is that really repression? I could not answer that. I sincerely hope this interview goes well, as there are some questions that cannot possibly be answered straight away without conferring with one another. Even now we recall a different series of events for certain instances. It would be a pity should our story be found unbelievable due to inconsistancy. I want only for it to go smoothly and with as little debate as possible. I daresay it will be an exceedingly difficult afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home