One of Many

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Far less than I had envisioned.

When I put my mind on falling back into posting again, I thought I would fall into it effortlessly. And now, instead, it is merely an afterthought, something that I do as I have a free moment, when nothing else is left to be done. It has been a week since my last post. That was not my vision.

For the past two years, the Rahkas have been unsuccessful in forcing us to agree to several demands as outlined in their Accords. These were very recently revised and although in some ways tempting, there were a few points to which I will not concede, ever. These few are not negotiable. I do not consider myself unreasonable by any means, but there are some sections and subparts that are simply unrealistic. For any who have been long-time readers (and a few of you have been, I know, since the beginning), you know that the cease-fires have been few and far-between, and this past seven months has been glorious for that. However, in my refusal to sign, I have also refused to allow our base to stand as a target; our strategist made a suggestion, it was coordinated and followed through.

I feel no regrets, of course. As I told a good friend Jim once, we always make the pre-emptive strike. It is how it has always been. I suppose it is how it shall be for here on out. We are prepared. I feel the excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home