One of Many

Monday, April 11, 2005

Another transfer.

Several days ago, we were transferred to the pre-fab shop, under direct supervision at all times. I have a suspicion this is due to the rather extreme injury I caused in mid-March. It was far worse that I had intended, and I believe my foreman knew exactly what he was looking at. At the airport, there was absolutely no way the wound could have been sustained in the line of work, and the wound itself was so wide and deep I could not properly suture it. It simply would not come together. I fear that perhaps I may have gone too far in it, and we may have become obvious. As what is done is indeed already done, I have no choice but to feign ignorance as far as the injury is concerned, and work instead to prove our worth as an apprentice.

The work itself is simple. Most apprentices there are first-years, though there are a few second-years, as well. The work involves handling of material and fabrication of specific goods to be used on-site. These might be junction boxes with cables already installed or conduit bent to a pre-determined degree. Most everyone seems friendly and in that, I am certain it will be easy to maintain normalcy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home