One of Many

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Begrudgingly.

I believe, perhaps, that it may soon be time to cease medication. The side-effects far outweigh the benefits in my opinion. Therapy is going only marginally well. I am not certain how much I care for the fact that all of our therapists, now, have been alerted to the existance of Nambiet. It was far simpler in the past to simply contribute without being asked, "Who's speaking now?" I do not want to fill out surveys, I do not want to draw my own likeness, I do not want to share secrets that others may not know. It is obvious, to me, that if others do not know, and I have kept it this long, that I do not intend on telling anyone.

Another form of therapy has been introduced: Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, or EMDR. I do not at all care for it. Perhaps it works, perhaps it is somethign to be hailed as miraculous, from what I have read. However, it illicits within me an odd sensation, something akin to losing control. I believe I may ask the therapist to avoid those types of games with us. I am not certain what she wishes to achieve but I do not like being manipulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home