One of Many

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A job well-done.

We did see a medical doctor with regards to this wound. It grew only somewhat infected, but I was worried more in that the edges could not be sealed. He asked how we had achieved such an injury, and of course, I knew that anything said would sound ridiculous. I therefore kept silent, while he examined the rest of the arms, both fresh wounds and scars. He told us it was despairing, to him, to see such self-destruction in a person. I must say I am rather proud of the fact that he mentioned that previously sutured wounds had been "excecuted with precision and care". I debated on whether to tell him I had done the suturing, but decided that it would not be in Nambiet's best interest. There is plenty of time for my pride, and the examination room of a medical practice was not it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home