One of Many

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A passing score, and more.

We passed with a ninety-six percent. That should bring our total score just above passing, at seventy-seven or so. I am not thrilled with the score, but quite pleased that we passed the course. With all we endured of late, it is rather surprising.

One of the second-year instructors was relieved of his position the night before the exam. I do not know the entire story, but I am certain it had something to do with his review of the final exam, which included comments about lesbians, "retards", and graphic sexual references. I am not certain why the content was in the review; it seemed compltely out of place, but perhaps it was meant in jest. He was our instructor for the forklift class, and I found him to be somewhat odd, in general.

So now, final preparations for our vacation. There is a nervousness, now, but not in a bad sense. Nearly everything is packed and an inventory has been taken. A friend, who has offered to watch the home in our absence, has been given the house-key and detailed instructions. Reservations have been confirmed, directions and maps printed and stored, and we plan one last trip to our bank to make a final deposit the morning of our flight to Dublin. Everything has been checked numerous times. I daresay I am excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home