One of Many

Friday, September 24, 2004

Different faith-paths.

I read through much of my journal these past few days. In that, I realized that I had made it seem as if we are all Christian, or at least the majority of us. I suppose last year, when I wrote much of the site, it was said in order to placate the deliverance ministers hounding us, and in a sense, to give myself a feeling of solidarity. In reality, only myself and the Host are really Christian. Molly asks about Jesus at times, and Siroun has a passing interest. Several months ago we bought them a children's Bible, even though Siroun is likely too old for it. However, between that one, mine, and the few others we have setting about, there is no excuse to not read, if one were further interested. I know that on occasion both Meylin and Aurelio read a Spanish one we own, but they are present so infrequently.

Truth be told, most Inside are either Pagan, in one sense or another, or agnostic. Of course, what they choose to practice is no business of my own, but I do wonder why so many Inside choose to fall back on the ways that hurt us, to begin with. The Dhampir still use blood in their ceremonies, and the Elvenkind do, on occasion, practice what I would call spellcasting...though, with the issue at hand with the Rahkas now, they are still closed into the Spires.

I wonder if we could find a chaplain, here. I think it might raise morale with the troops, and I could certainly stand to take in any words of wisdom he may have to offer. It is odd to note that we have filled nearly every position we need within our ranks except that of a chaplain.

I know someone will likely tell me that we just need to go to weekly church services, but it is not the same, not by far. I can relate to no one there. It is a constant struggle to maintain composure. What if there is an outburst? An abreaction? We can have none of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home