One of Many

Friday, October 01, 2004

More questions of ownership.

We recieved several points to contemplate today. It would be lovely to really believe this, but I must keep my distance; the points illustrated to us seem altogether too convenient. It began with the mother, who expressed a desire to speak with us as a whole. It was supposed to be a personal meeting, but the topics came up whilst on the telephone, anyway. (Anyone knowing me personally knows also how I despise the telephone, so this was an interesting moment, indeed.)

I am uncertain how much she understands of the Shadows. Be that as it may, she was quite insistant that the uncle had no real powers of the occult or special favoritism with any of his chosen gods. She said that it was a clever ruse: the use of narcotics, persuasion, and trauma on a child already emotionally distraught. She further told us that if he really had these supernatural connections, the abuse would not have ended when it did; the Shadows would have sought us out and taken us by force. The Shadows do watch, and they maintain a presence, but it is true that they have not forcibly brought us back to him. I would like to think that her words are true. The idea that the Shadows have no power over us is comforting.

Later that evening, we attended the weekly Bible discussion group. Tannah brought forth a topic: "Can a person lose his soul to Satan, and keep it out of God's reach?" This, in essence, was based on the struggles we have had in recent weeks. The general consensus was a resounding "no", and that too was of tentative comfort; again, I hesitate to pull blind faith into that. I know what I saw, and I recall the rite vividly. Yet, it comes back to free-will. If God creates a soul, then only he can take it, they say. But if our soul was promised elsewhere, and God takes it back anyway, for what purpose has He given Man free-will? The entire thought perplexes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home