One of Many

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Europe: Entry the first.

This entry was written by Bruyère whilst in Europe.


Have to write quick, internet's expensive here.

In London now, already saw Dublin and Edinburgh...excellent. So much history. Seong-Hwan's grown up so much. We went to a ton of pubs in Ireland...apparently that's all there is to do in Dublin, is drink, but I have to say a Guinness in Ireland tastes so much smoother. Also we did some shopping, saw the university, went to a tiny coastal town called Bré, and had a blast at the hostel!! It was only like 2 blocks from Seong-Hwans apt, which he shares with a Scandanavian roommate, and our hostel was comfortable and well, a culture shock. Co-ed bedrooms, 1 bathroom with 2 showers (again co-ed)...it was still cool tho, we watched movies and met another travelling American and lots of other Europeans. It's great to be in that kind of atmosphere.

With Edinburgh...first our hostel is in the middle of the city...we're in walking distance from the castle! I mean, we booked last minute so there was only a suite available for $90 a night, grrrrrrrrr, but its all there was, but it was okay since the castle was incredble. It's eerie to touch the walls of a castle that's been standing longer than your country has existed. We had a lovely dinner there too, and got some mead. I decided I love mead. Also I wanted a Sgian Dubh so bad but I was afraid it wouldn't be able to fly back with us...so I didn't. Oh and heilan' coos!!!! My fave animal, I'm obsessed. Very nice people here, helpful. Learning alot for my next trip!!! I'll write more later, on to Paris in a day or so...love to all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home