One of Many

Friday, March 21, 2003

The beginning: Iraq.

So, we were at a comic book store when it came over the radio: The United States have just launched an attack against Iraq. It brings back alot...I have not told many about the Rahkas Wars. I am not certain I can deal with the coverage they will be airing; even if not graphic, I am positive it will be somewhat triggering. The atrocities committed by myself and others during the Wars were just that: atrocities. At times I wonder if I can merely separate myself from the former part of me who did those things. Barry says the Rahkas Wars never really occurred; there is a small part of me that resents him for saying thst. It is as if he is minimizing the experience.

I believe I shall put the "war memoirs" to paper. Admit everything. I believe getting it all out may be good for us. Otherwise, it will simply remain festering inside me, boiling and fermenting, a toxic syrupy sludge. I wonder how long it will take...if it is something I am up to doing right now. As harrowing as it will be, I owe it to them. I owe it to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home