One of Many

Friday, April 18, 2003

On religion, or faith.

Many of us Inside are Chrsitian. We all attend church, and pray, and are basically active in that sense. However, we have been in "counselling", let us say, with a pastor. We know him online only, as it is difficult to speak to a "true-life" pastor without being shunned.

This pastor is someone I consider a friend; one of the first to speak to me like a human being without degrading me, or calling me an "idiosyncracy" or trying to cast me out as a demon. I appreciate such respect, especially after trying so hard to win my way into the Outside. However, there are events Inside, that do not occur Outside...how best to explain this? There is an entire world here, an internal landscape with its own goings-on. One of the things that happened many years ago, Inside only, was a war with two singular invasions. Without dragging the members of this forum into the depths of this difficult concept, allow me to assure you that while it may not have occured in the Outside, it is a very real event Inside, and it has affected me greatly. It is a very immense and deeply-woven part of who I am, of who we are as a Collective. Yet this pastor insists that the war was fabricated by demons, and I should abandon all thought of it.

Even if it were staged, it is still an event that occured. I cannot simply let the logic set it and discard these memories like frayed photographs.
Furthermore, there are some Inside who are "ungodly creatures", so he says; Elvenkind and Dhampir. The therapist and several others I have spoken to in the past say that not only "internal events" but "non-human" Aspects in a multiple system are not uncommon. I cannot turn my back on these members, as they have done nothing wrong aside from being who they are. There were some in the past, granted, that were dangerous to the point of being permenantly restrained Inside, but the Elvenkind and Dhampir are not.
I wish to salvage the relationship I have with this pastor, but I am finding I cannot talk to him for any length of time without him attempting to cast demons out or telling me I am not working hard enough to combat Satan's lies. Am I being unreasonable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home