One of Many

Thursday, April 10, 2003

A sense of cooperation.

Being as we are: multi, fragmented, non-divirgent...there are many labels. I don't suppose I consider us to fall into any one category. Our Collective is unique to some in that not only do we share what the therapist called "co-consciousness" and "co-presence", but we have a visual sytem as well. I heard that some systems have not attained any of these attributes, and it is difficult to comprehend.
Sometimes I am out on my own, as today; other times there are two of us sharing Outside time, as it were. If more than two are out at once, we become disoriented and numb, which is not at all a savory feeling. At times it is known that we are in the process of switching; it is a physical feeling akin to the moment right before one sneezes. Other times, the switch occurs, and it takes a moment for all of us to get accustomed to it.
I do not truly know what is "normal" or not, so I hesitate in saying more, as it may be "old hat" to many. I do know that we are almost always in communication with one another, and we share choices. Compromises must be made however; I like pickles, and the Host has deemed them an "abomination to God", so one can guess how often I am able to enjoy them. On the other hand, the Host has an abhorrent way of mixing strips of fresh coconut, lime juice and hot sauce and eating it as a snack. I find it repulsive, so she rarely prepares it. We work together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home