One of Many

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Losing Bastien.

Something is very very wrong, and I am lost.

Bastien was the one in charge of cataloging the emotions and sensations.

Somehow, he integrated rather suddenly. Rane was his apprentice, but she is still young, and unable to perform the job on her own. So there is this influx...this flooding of...everything.

I am so numb...we all are. Today at work we were unable to understand most English, most spoken commands.

I do not even know where Rane is. None of us know her very well. I cannot take all of it this time. It is impossible.

Bastien was a wanderer…I do not know where either of them stayed.

I need help: Niven is here…thank God. Rowan has closed the Spires. Navratil and Valkyrie will take some time. If they show.

Jude has run into the forest. Siroun is with him, trying to find Rane.

I am trying to hold it for them...I really am. I need a cigarette.

I cannot believe Bastien is really gone…

What that means is, all the extra emotion and sensation from before are stored so we do not have to feel it at all times. We have the Deadbox, but it is full. Damn Rowan...really now, I understand his duties but...He knows the emergency...that is why he closed the Spires.

No one else is used to carrying them as I do, and I simply cannot do it myself for much longer. Overwhelmed. It is beyond words. This is so incredibly acute, so raw.

I am wondering if this has to do with the Equinox...the timing is odd, to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home