One of Many

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Imaging versus the spoken word.

As some of you know, Inside we do not use words, in the conventional sense. Words are spoken with the mouth...it is rather cumbersome and a needless waste of energy for a form of communication. However, I do try, as I know that it is really the only way to communicate Outside.

I have difficulty, however; I am noticing it more often now that I am doing it on a regular basis. There are times I sit for half an hour searching for the correct word, scanning through the thesaurus feature of www.dictionary.com in order to find something that will allow me to sound at least somewhat coherent.

I am finding that I am specifically developing issues with regards to personal e-mails. Posting to a forum is not so difficult; I develop my thoughts into words, string them together and then post. But with replies, I am often confused with how to answer, or even if I completely understood what was said to me.

I have several personal e-mails to which I need to respond, and although I handled it fine prior, for some reason it is crashing upon me now. Of course, I have waited so long now that it almost seems silly to respond at this point, and yet I want to, and to give in to this irrationality would be foolish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home