One of Many

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Masks to maintain.

We endured Hallowe'en, which as you know is not at all our favorite time of year. With the parents, we took the three-year old sister Trick-or-Treating.

Of course, Molly immediately wanted to, once she saw it involved candy. Never mind that the costumes or candles frightened her, Molly’s addiction to sweets overruled all logic. We tried to hold her in, and failed, at first; the Host became somewhat frustrated and I told her I would take care of things. By this, she assumed I meant I would be Out. Of course, my mannerisms and whatnot vary greatly from her's, so it was an odd night for me.

I tried to act as she does, and instead I believe the parents thought she was upset. I heard them discussing that I was acting oddly, and that perhaps we were angry. I believe all in all I failed miserably, I can never act around them. I can fool some, but not those close to us. It was rather decent of them, however, to not mention it afterwards; I am positive they knew I was Out, and never once did they accuse me of it or demand that I allow the host to come back. The father even had a lengthy conversation with me in regards to a fantasy writer named R.A. Salvatore. I know he knew something was amiss...and I am grateful that neither of them made any apparent notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home