One of Many

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Anticipated concert.

Maná is a Mexican band, part rock with a bit of salsa, a bit of mariachi at times. They are one of the Host's favorite bands. Although I do not speak Spanish (she does), I was still able to enjoy the music and the atmosphere.

One problem:

The Host's favorite song, "Eres mi Religión", was performed well. The words are poignant. However, there was a screen behind the band, playing images and video for different songs. During this particular song, it became stark white, and it began to "bleed". After speaking with the Host about it, she mentioned it had something to do with the sadness in the song, the feeling of abandonment. However, I had thought the whole purpose to the song was the joy of being found...the Host translated the words for me on several occasions, though I wonder if she had missed something, perhaps, or left something out that I would not approve of.

I wish I spoke Spanish, as I believe it would have made more sense to me. I did not at all like the video of dripping blood, even though it was gentle, and not violent. Something seemed amiss.
Aside from that, we took a good many photos, and the concert was excellent. I am certain the Host enjoyed it much more than I, as she was able to comprehend what was going on. Though I must say, of the five songs I truly enjoy of theirs, they played all five, and that left me content.
Perhaps this feeling will take me through tomorrow relatively unscathed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home