One of Many

Friday, February 06, 2004

A joy relearned.

I forgot how much I thrived on adrenaline. It has been so very long. I stood at dawn this morning, a grin playing upon my lips, seeing the smoke in the distance. My men are fed, and rested. I feel a certain type of joy in this...I wish I had the words. There is such enjoyment in the raw element of battle, something primal and feral. Something with which my soul wishes to identify. Crouching in trenches of freshly-upturned earth, the cool night air refreshing us, firearm gripped tightly as if it were the end-all, be-all of existence itself. I feel good.

Granted, if I had my choice, I would not even be here. Warfare is not my first choice in diversions. However, being that I am forcibly involved as it is, I feel I must make the best of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home