One of Many

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Notably forgotten.

For this entire week, I have been looking forward to going to church. Partly because this week has been absolutely awful, and partly because today, Sunday, happens to be the one year anniversary of becoming a Christian. It means a lot to me. I have a new Bible, as well, and was aching to try it.

So Sunday morning comes, and the Host says apologetically, "Sorry, we can't go to church today, there's too much going on." I ask her what is so pressing. She responds with mostly silly excuses...a few were good, such as the fiance's father in the hospital and her own mother's birthday celebration. But I did not see that as a reason to not put aside one hour for church. I think the real reason was that she simply did not feel like it, and that angers me. I know it likely sounds childish but one fucking hour, it is not too much to ask. I did not even care which service, or what time. I just feel left out somehow...I know that is so very petty, but just this one day is all I asked, and for a mere hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home