One of Many

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Forced treatment.

As for myself, we have been rather busy, of late. Le RĂªve--now called the Wynn--is slated to open on 28 April. It is most extravegant and I admit to being proud in my part in its construction. Already it is so in demand that they are well under way in planning the second tower. It will provide thousands of jobs and offer quite alot to the tourism niche, so in that I am pleased, as well. Another side-job we were working is the Strike Zone, Nevada's largest bowling alley at Sunset Station. I thought it rather small at seventy-two lanes, but the electronics impressed me; the cosmic lighting is a nice touch. That is opening this week, and so now I am between jobsites, on the service truck, but no matter, time is a gift and I am happy to accept it.

All this follows a very low time. To be honest, I must say that these low moments are still very frequent, but they do not elicit quite the same sense of desperation as they did months prior. Due to hasty acts not thought through, it is now required that we meet with a therapist, a psychologist that doubles as a narcotic and alcohol counsellor, a psychiatrist, a social worker and a behavioral health care representative in order to maintain employment and to avoid being held on another Legal 2000. Personally, I think it is rather close to overkill, as it were, and the majority of it seems asinine. There is nothing I have to say of any importance that needs to be repeated to so many. I wonder, also, if this has a negative effect on the investigation being conducted as we speak.

This brings to mind a question: While inpatient, prescribed were many medications I saw as unnecessary. Among these were Desyrel, Geodon, Risperdal, Zoloft, Trileptal and Ambien. Now, the presrciptions have changed to include Lamictal and Abilify, but have ceased with Geodon and Trileptal. This, since December, and for the past two weeks none have been ingested. This is due to a feeling of being overmedicated and several unwanted and disturbing side effects. In these past two weeks, however, since I have stopped taking any of them, we have experienced intense dizziness, loss of focus, syncope, numbness, and tremors. Of course, several in our treatment team have suggested that this is due to withdrawal, but emotionally all is as well as can be expected and psychologically the mind is clear. I cannot refuse to see this treatment team any more, but I would like these medications stopped. I cannot see a best course of action for this situation, and "giving in" is not an option to me.

Well over a week ago something happened in the realm of self-harm that is rather drastic in nature and I feel deserves no description. It did cause tissue and nerve damage, and I am doing as well as I am able in
caring for that. What I am taking issue with is infection. The tools used were the very opposite of sterile, and in fact were sullied with carbon dust, attic insulation and hydraulic oil. The infection has caused odd coloring in the recesses of the wound itself as well as the surrounding flesh. I cannot describe further without discussing the nature of the wound, and so I say only that I have exhausted every idea I know in regards to combatting infection to no avail. We may just have to see a health care professional, though I dislike that idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home