One of Many

Monday, February 23, 2004

Quite a few changes, of late.

I have been contemplating this for quite some time, as it was something my strategist discussed with me quite a while ago. I have divided my battalion into four brigades: one led by myself, and three led by each of my three lieutenants. Of course, I will have final say in regards to all four brigades, but I have enough faith in my lieutenants that I am certain they will perform well. Each brigade will have an infantry division and a panzer division, a medic unit, a platoon of scouts and a field marshal. I feel these changes will better my ranks, and will keep us more organized in battles to come.

I read through the Mephisto Accords…it was rather laborious, as it was written in an older, seldom-spoken dialect of Yesuan. I did not trust their translators, so I worked through it myself. Aside from several variants in spelling, the grammar and vocabulary are for the most part unchanged, though I did worry about being unable to understand idioms or whatnot. From what I did understand, I did not feel comfortable with the proposals. It would put a peace treaty into effect, but also grant the Rahkas a partition of land and full freedom to roam.

I do not trust them. I have never trusted them, they have given me no reason to ever do so. They have no sense of honor, no sense of fair play or even of compromise. They are ruthless and without mercy. I could not stand to allow them free reign on my watch. I could never feel safe, and I could never feel as if my small ones—or any Inside—could be safe. This is a war, they are the enemy, and I will not back down from this. I remember that so-called Great Truth…the one that causes dread to bubble within me. Signing a peace treaty would not save us. It could very well destroy us. I am not yet positive in what I will do, but I do know that there is no possibility of the Accords being signed. Not by me, not by anyone in my battalion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home