One of Many

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Differences in being.

One thing that has always fascinated me is the extreme diffferences in facets of life between singletons and those who are Many. I have spoken in great length with several friends in trying to gain further understanding, however the core of that eludes me. I am able only to imagine.

The idea of a singleton's life is something I find quite odd. I was asked once if I am afraid of singletons, and it is not so much terrifying but unnerving, that one can be left to his own ideas and plans, without any group decision. Inside, every decision I make comes with it a consequence, and I am responsible to those who are affected even in the smallest way. We share a body and cannot use it selfishly. I am made quite aware of what such use could create. I do make my own decisions, as it pertains to my own actions, and yet it is different, to make those same decisions for the body. Sometimes I envision myself as a single One, and the thought is rather desolate. That is as close as I am able to truly understand, and the fact of being One strikes me only as painfully lonely, at all times.

I do crave time to myself, of course, and I do have such moments to enjoy, but that is a different type. I cannot imagine what a singleton might do if alone in a room for extended periods of time. Nor can I imagine such mundane things as grocery shopping. I understand we are all given will-power but some seem to lack any trace of it. How is that controlled?

I am told that there is no way to fully understand without having experienced it, in a similar sense to how singletons may not understand teh full scope of multiplicity. I find that simple to explain and to understand but I am still asked questions on the fundamentals. I do not mind answering, of course, but it has always surprised me to realize, again and again, that the nature of my existance is so vastly misunderstood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home