One of Many

Monday, May 12, 2003

We are not psychotic.

The father says if we are Many, and have an internal world as well as an external one, is that not a sign of psychosis? My answer to him is that we were not diagnosed as psychotic, we were diagnosed as multiple. He has a difficult time understanding that concept. I harbor no ill-will toward him, as it must be a difficult concept indeed. It is difficult for me to understand the concept of being "One." On the subject of psychosis, I do not know what to say...I do not believe we are psychotic, but isn't it those who are in denial the same ones who are rightly diagnosed as such? There are many types of psychosis...delusions, hallucinations, paranoia...some consider schizophrenia a psychosis. I suppose it is all perception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home