One of Many

Friday, May 28, 2004

They do not listen to reason.

I really do hate to cause issues. I try to work through confrontation, I try to resolve conflict. However, when I repeatedly insist that the Host--and her sister--do not complicate matters by putting themselves in danger, and I am viciously ignored...it incites within me great anger.

I tell them this is a dangerous time. I plead that they keep a low profile. For my efforts I gain only mockery. The Host has begun telling far too many details about the past, and with wild abandon. She uses no discretion. I tried to explain to her my urgency, and she implores me to allow her to purge this, in order to heal. I understand her sentiment but when it involves our safety I cannot back down.

And the sister, she insists on going to see the uncle's court appearance, knowing full-well that there is a chance that she will be recognized. Why? Why would she put herself, and us, in
danger?

I grow weary of trying to protect those who do not wish protection. Really I am not certain why I bother except that it is my duty, and to allow danger to come to the Host is to allow danger to come to the rest Inside.

At any rate, I suppose I have no choice but to continue to try and convince them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home