One of Many

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Saved: an alteration.

There was a small family-related incident a few days prior, and of course it led to a rather drastic wound in a very obvious place. To leave it be was unspeakable; this week we are working closely with the foremen to revise blueprints for the recent addendae. In order to save the situation, as it were, I had to think creatively.

I am not going to fully describe what I did, as I believe that there would be no point in it. However, I altered the wound in such a way that it no longer appeared to be self-inflicted. In a small way, I really quite surprised, as it also does not appear as if it was altered. I was surprised and greatly relieved that no one took issue with it at the jobsite. It was much easier to feign normalcy without the constant questions. And at that, I realized I have become quite adept at the art of deception. Not to all, no; some know me better than I can possibly fake it. But to several, I am able to craft a wall of stoicism. I am able to pretend to them, and they never know my inner struggles or my dark side. I prefer it that way. I cannot count the times I have admitted something and have instantly regretted saying anything. I am certain also that I am not alone in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home