One of Many

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A very good day.

Not a "real" birthday, per se; 13 January is simply the day I have chosen to mark it. A day I choose to reflect, and to know that no matter what, it is worth it to be alive.

Usually, on this day, there is no fanfare or acknowledgement, save from few others within the Collective. This year, however, I was pleasantly surprised.

Firstly, two friends greeted me; one "birthday-spammed" me, with quite a few e-cards. It took forever to read through them all, but it was lovely. Another sent me a Christmas/New Year's card, and how it arrived from Europe to my city on this day, I shall never know. Such thoughtfulness...I am very lucky to have friends.

The Host also surprised me with my own Bible, the King James Version. I prefer it to her bibles; she has none in English. (One in Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, French, Esperanto...but none in English, which makes it difficult for me.)

Aside from being deep in thought on a few subjects, this has been the first good day in quite awhile, and I wanted to share something positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home