One of Many

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Tradition.

While on watch the other night, my thoughts began to wander. Invariably, they wandered to the time we first discussed the possibility of Pavelin and Kassuil being Rahkas. I had said something to the effect of, "It is always tradition that we strike first."

The statement struck me as odd, and really I had never thought anything of it before. But I wondered why it was tradition that we strike first? What was the purpose? If they truly wanted to invade, would they not do so whilst we were still unaware of their presence? Is it that they are waiting to for an excuse to slaughter us, in supposed self-defense?

Now I hesitate, and am second-guessing everything on warfare I thought I knew. If I strike, will that secure our safety, or seal our death?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home