One of Many

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Stoicism lost.

Years ago I was far stronger, I could adapt easily to change and to extreme situations. I handled such things with ease, and with a fiery stoicism. No matter my condition, I always knew I could count on that. Now, however, I am losing it, and it worries me. I have spent so much time investing in that calculated response that now I find myself uncertain to react properly or appropriately. I am quick to anger, moreso than before; my patience is thin, and my ability to avoid has lessened as well. I want to recapture that.

However, I was told that all things of my old self must fall away. I cannot manintain stoicism and also bury self-destruction. It was suggested that one is the cause of the other. I can see that as a possibility, but there must be a way.

More later: something has come up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home